Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nostalgic

My little ones keep me happily busy from morning to night, so though there is much to post about, there never seems to be time to manage pictures or put down in writing all that I want to say. Hopefully, I can find a little time for some blogging in the next few weeks. For now, I want to share a little project I made this winter. (Winter always brings out the list-making, project-wanting-to-do Sarah, though few of my projects get past conception.)

I had been dreaming of making this instagram-inspired collage all fall; it finally came into fruition a couple months ago. I loved putting together some of the happy moments from the past six years and was pleased I figured out how to put it together in Lightroom, since I don't have or have any idea how to use Photoshop.

I printed it out big (20x30) at Costco for under $10 and hung it over our bed in a cheap poster frame. (The frame sat over our bed empty for about three months to motivate me, but it didn't stand a chance during the holiday season.)

Now I feel nostalgic whenever I walk in my room. And kind of spoiled. It's been a fun six years.



engaged bliss//just married//walking down the temple steps//in front of the Springville Art Museum//at Timp Caves (Mike woke me up early a couple times to take me on surprise Saturday morning excursions early in our marriage)//Mike's graduation//Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (pregnant with Maggie)//first anniversary in Midvale//our first family picture with Mag//a date to temple square//Thanksgiving Point corn pit//at a Christmas Carol close to our second anniversary//finding our home//first official "family photos"//at my Grandmother's funeral (pregnant with Kate)//first family picture with Kate on her blessing day//me and Mike being silly with the self-timer//Ocean City//"family photos" with baby Kate//our bike date to get hot chocolate ("like middle schoolers")//Disneyland!//Fire Island (pregnant with Em)//at the Plaza in KC//first family picture with Emily//at the Bridgeton Zoo in NJ//self-timer shot on the front steps//"family photos" with baby Emily//still in love

I think I was getting the winter blues and must have needed some color in my life, though now am wondering if I would like it better toned down a little for a more faded look. Any opinions?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love it. Maybe I'll have to have you make one for me.

Elizabeth said...

Sarah, I love love love this!

Glenn and Natalie said...

This is the best thing I have seen in a LONG time! You are amazing and inspiring Sarah! :)

I agree with the beginning of post & am glad that I am not alone! You are so awesome! Now that the weather is FINALLY starting to get a little warmer I don't have to feel guilty about getting anything finished since I'll be outside, right?