Watching the Olympics makes me want to get back in shape and maybe do a half-marathon again this fall, since it didn't work out in the spring.
It also inspired the girls to work on their physical prowess. These are some pictures Mike took when he was in charge of bedtime. Note, the girls are not sleeping, they are practicing their diving moves off of their beds. I'm guessing Kate started this. (I think his flash is what makes the walls look much more vibrant than usual.)
Today, I took the girls to the track and let them play and push Emy around while I ran a few laps. We didn't have a lot of time as I was headed to my first hair appointment in, well, a long time. (Nearly a year...) So, immediately after my last lap I got ready to shuttle the girls to the car as quickly as possible. Except...
"Where are the keys?" I asked, not finding them in the stroller where I had placed them.
"In there," Kate replied, matter-of-factly, pointing to the sand pit.
My stomach lurched a little as I started to desperately rake my fingers through the sand pit. I had left my cell phone home as I had planned to be so quick; I had visions of having to walk home with my crew and somehow find someone with a metal detector. (I don't like to let it out too often, but I have a dramatic side.)
After ten minutes of searching and a few mini-lectures on not playing with keys, I heard the words I'd been waiting for.
"I found them Mommy!"
"You saved the day, Maggie!"
"My kids buried my keys in the sand pit," I explained as I sat down for my hair cut.
I never had a better excuse for being late.
3 comments:
Hahaha.... this made me laugh. I can just imagine!
I love this. Minus the buried keys part. But these photos are so so great!!
Love this!
Post a Comment