But we have been in Kansas nearly two weeks now and our transition has been greatly eased by the chocolate-dipped cones at the local Dairy Queen and the availability of Soft Hits...Less Talk 100.3's "Soft Sunday Sounds" online. :)
We are just about out of boxes. All that I still need to unpack are some books (which we have no bookcases for) and my craft stuff which I am still deciding how to organize. Actually I haven't done much except reorganize stuff and dream about what new furniture items I would like since last weekend, except for unpacking Maggie's room. The problem I kept having there was that the best time to get unpacking done was when she was sleeping and she tends to sleep in her room. Hence, her room was still in boxes until Saturday.
We love our new home and have seen deer in the yard several times. We didn't get a great shot, but here we are watching a couple deer in the backyard. (I think only one made the camera.) They were very close at one point. It brought back memories of our old home on Smith Avenue in Islip. We were near the wild life refuge and had deer in the yard fairly regularly.
Everyone here has been more than welcoming. Mike's coworkers have seemed very excited to have him and our new ward was equally inviting. We went there Saturday night our first week here to check on the time for church and despite protests were pulled into a wedding reception of one of the ward members (shorts, t-shirts, and all)! Seriously though, we feel very blessed to be treated so well.
We've also enjoyed seeing family. Mike's parents have been down a couple times and Mike's brother Shawn and his daughter Emma came bringing gifts (Maggie now has a Chiefs cheerleader outfit). Thanks!! Mike's brother Robert is nearby as well and Mike got to go see him last weekend. We are excited to see more of them as well as our Wichita relations over the coming weeks and months!!!
I'm beginning to say the city names around here correctly and I just got my Chopper Shopper card in the mail (the local grocery store is called Price Chopper), so I think I'm starting to become a Kansan. But Friday when we went to the UPS distribution center to pick up the package containing our modem I learned I have a ways to go. There was another man there waiting for his package; conversationally, I asked him what was in the package he was waiting for. I tried not to look too surprised when he answered a new automatic rifle. Welcome to the rural Mid-west. :)
Well, I know you all don't come to read my ramblings. Here are some cute Maggie moments. More to come soon!!
And below is us keeping Maggie busy on the plane to KC. I'm risking your disgust and disapproval by posting this second video, but Maggie was insistent about trying the sour worm. You can't see it in the video, but Maggie kept pushing my hand to her mouth. Enjoy the reckless parenting...
4 comments:
We miss you guys sooooooo much! Come back! j/k I am glad things are going so well in Kansas. We really do wish you were here, RS is lonely without you. Let's make sure to stay in touch. I love your blog name, it is so cute!
Now I want to see photos of the house once you get it decorated with that handy-dandy drill! I'm so glad you're in a place to move around in. It's so worth it for the kids! We'll keep in touch.
Sarah, thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hi! It was fun to see your blog and see what you are up to. Maggie is adorable! Hope you are enjoying Kansas!
Super cute. I love the video of Maggie tearing paper. She looks so into it. Who knew tearing paper could be so fun? She looks so like Mike, I think. We can't wait to see her again.
Post a Comment