Monday, November 24, 2008

Baptisms Make Me Happy!

Wow, it has been a while since I have been to the library to get online. I wrote the previous post a couple weeks ago, thinking I would be back the next day to post it, but then never got back until today. I used to get here at least a few times a week, but recently sewing projects have been taking priority over computer time. I've been loving my new machine!


Well, Maggie is cute as ever and still the best little baby in the whole wide world, but I actually didn't come to write about her this time. I wanted to write about how grateful I was to witness three baptisms this Saturday.

Mike and I have been serving as ward missionaries since last fall and have enjoyed our calling and the opportunity to share the gospel with our friends and neighbors. We felt incredibly priveleged to be present as our friends Ally Keele and Mykayla and Christina Smith entered the waters of baptism and then were confirmed as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.






It made me look back on my own baptism when I was just a little eight-year-old third grader. I remember coming out of the water feeling completely clean and new and the warm feeling I had as I sat in the center of a circle of priesthood holders and my father laid his hands upon my head and confirmed upon me the gift of the Holy Ghost. Though I was just a small girl at the time, I knew then, as I know now, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's true church upon the face of the earth. I feel blessed to be a member of it. Jesus Christ truly is my Lord and Savior, as he is yours. Over the years, my testimony has grown and matured as I am sure it will continue to in the future. How grateful and blessed I feel to have that knowledge.


I am very happy for my friends and know that this will be their first step of many as they continue the journey to follow Jesus Christ.

(Picture by Simon Dewey, borrowed from mormon.org; I chose it because we have a print of it in our living room!)

3 comments:

Alexis said...

That is so great that youget to have experiences like that!
I am sorry I couldn't see you while in Utah, but Jake is getting married in February and I was hoping to see you then!!
Hope all is well cuz!

brook said...

Hey Sarah, did you know that Emily has a blog? I just found it and you should check it out. She's so funny. http://warrensmithfamily.blogspot.com/

Lindsey said...

That is so great you guys are doing so much missionary work in the ward! Maggie is growing up and looks soo cute!!