
Last week, as we were getting ready for church, we got the message that, due to icy roads, church was canceled. Maggie immediately remembered a Friend magazine article called "Pretend Primary" that we had read about a little girl named Sophie who has to stay home sick from church. In the story, the little girl decides to pretend to have church at home. Kate especially loved the story and we had to read it several times.
Maggie was thrilled to have her own chance to pretend church. She quickly lined up her stuffed animals on a bench, dragged over a bar stool to use for the podium, and pulled chairs over for her and Kate to sit in front of everyone, as if they were on the stand. She didn't miss a detail. At first she had a weight to use for the microphone, but she insisted on keeping it tilted and her wrist got tired, so a block was a better fit. She and Kate started giving talks before I could even sit down on the "pew." They each gave several. I pulled out my phone and recorded some of them. (I was trying to hold out a little longer on the smart phone wave, but my parents surprised me with an i-Phone for Christmas and I am loving it. And no longer have to fight envy of Mike's. Anyone want to facetime?)
They have the process down, I would say. The talks ranged in topic from sacred to secular--the funniest was a reading of Fat Cat by Dav Pilkey. But no matter the subject, each talk ended with an amen. Even through my chuckles, I was moved by my sweet little girls and their budding testimonies and love for Jesus Christ and His church. And pretty impressed with their speaking ability, if I do say so myself. Enjoy! (Just to warn you, parts are pretty quiet, so you will probably need to turn your volume up. And sorry about the quality. Blogger uploads at very low quality. I should upload to vimeo or something.)
As you can see, the speakers at church today had a lot to live up to.
4 comments:
Your girls are so cute! It was great catching up last week. Miss you!
I LOVE IT! So CUTE! I especially liked how Maggie help prompt Kate. I'd be HAPPY to FaceTime! Although, I for see our daughter taking over the phone to talk to each other. ;)
Your girls are too funny! Isn't it amazing how smart little ones are? Miss you!! xo
Wow. So cute! And I am impressed by their testimonies! I also agree with Rebecca, I love how Maggie helped Kate with her talk!
Post a Comment