Summer is never good for my blogging consistency. It is yet to be determined what is
good for my blogging consistency. I have at least twenty unpublished
posts. And scores more I woulda, coulda, shoulda written. Then maybe I
wouldn't end up doing these mammoth catch-up posts. I think adding pictures really holds me up. Finishing the text does too. Oh, and all
the interruptions from my real life. Life is always getting in the way
of trying to record life.
When I started this post it was called "In the Past Month." Unfortunately, that title is no longer accurate. That said...
In May:
Our beautiful Kansas City temple was dedicated.
Me and a vacuum battled a minor infestation of these tiny black beetles in our car--my research tells me carpet beetles. (I know...gross! We rarely even eat in the car, but someone had dropped a mini Nutter Butter between the car seats...I could make this story longer, but I won't and I doubt you'll beg me.)
I had a smoothie party.
Mike's job provided some employees, including him, an i-phone and data plan. (I guess they are trying to reduce productivity.)
We had stake conference and Mike willingly offered to watch five kids eight and under so Lisa and I could attend the adult session.
I found post-bedtime running buddy. (Thanks, Sam!)
Somebody had a birthday un-party. And experienced her first trip to the ER. But you know this.
I ran a race and got third place. (Mind you, just for my age and gender group and it was a fairly small race. But, it did happen. It was actually the second annual temple 5K and Mike and the girls came and watched. It was fun to have them there.)
Cousins came to stay (twice!) and I got to try my hand with six girls, eight and under.
We donned red, white and blue for Memorial Day and signed up for our library's summer reading program.
Mike went off chaperoning a scout high adventure trip. I kept myself busy staying up way too late, cooking less, letting our schedule get lax, and
wearing his shirts to sleep in. Dreaming big and making plans, but not getting much done, while the girls got a fever, got better, and dumped glitter glue all over the guest bedroom, then tried to clean it up using cups of water and a guest towel. I also let them camp out in their princess tent one night which they LOVED.
In June:
Mike and I went to our annual Chamber of Commerce dinner. We also went out to Applebee's. The first date went better than the second as far as Emily was concerned.
We had doctor and dentist appointments. Maggie is a pro at going to the
dentist now. You wouldn't know she cried herself to sleep in Mike's arms
in the dentist chair the first time.
Mike chaperoned some Youth Conference.
The girls and I met up with friends at our favorite free petting zoo.
Maggie took swim lessons and Kate was jealous.
Someone had a fever every week. Even I got up to 102 and that hasn't happened since I was 12. Exhausting.
Mike was released from Young Men's duties and will be teaching seminary this fall.
The girls and I attended multiple library events and Mike joined us for an evening one.
There were more visits with cousins. Making a valance with Aunt Lisa, swimming with Aunt Nadine, and playing with Aunt Jenn's kids.
There were park, pool, and playdates. There was some Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh kite-flying. And there was plenty of flower-picking. (I got these little bud vases for less than a dollar that have been a big hit.)
There was cleaning. Lots of cleaning, even though somehow everyone that saw my house this month would probably wonder at that statement. Some nursing cover making and a couple dinners made for friends with new babes.
And there was also plenty of sitting around tired and lazy, after everyone being sick and it being so crazy hot.
And it's already July:
We've made granola, enjoyed a holiday, visited with cousins, and battled a non-allergic Amoxicillin rash, which, of course, peaked on the holiday. And that was after she had suffered a three-day 103 temp the week before and been diagnosed with strep throat. (Poor Emily and poor me...it was freaking me out. Led to much google-searching and several phone interactions with doctor and nurse friends.)
And now that I read this I see why I've been so tired.
I have lots of pics I should post, but I have a love-hate relationship with pictures and my camera and myself and my perfectionistic tendancies. The good news is Mike has been Superman this weekend and been taking on much of the cooking, cleaning, and childcare duties, while I've been trying to learn to navigate Lightroom more efficiently, as well as organize and store our pictures more effectively. The other good news is my spring cleaning is just about done. Too bad we are well into summer.
How was your fourth?

3 comments:
Thanks for watching my girls3 times!!! They had so much fun. Sorry we added to your exhaustion. Once the family reunions are over, you'll have to come stay with us.
Sounds like a stressful couple of months! Your girls are darling and I loved the picture you did post. I hear you about the pictures, though. That always slows me down!
I'm tired just reading ALL that! I few weeks ago I thought maybe we had bed bugs because Gwenivere kept waking up with what I thought were bits all over her hands and feet, but it turned out to be hand, foot, and mouth disease which you can't do much about. (I'm was so relieved it wasn't bed bugs!)
AND your husband has an iPhone! We should face time chat sometime. Gwenivere loves it and I'm sure your girls would too!
Post a Comment