Saturday, May 5, 2012
Becca Boop
I feel so lucky that my little sister Rebecca got to come visit me last week. I dropped her off for a tearful airport goodbye a week ago already and I want to jot a bit about her visit before the memories totally fade.
My sweet sis came to visit as a last hurrah with us before she begins an eighteen month mission for our church a month from tomorrow, serving the Salt Lake and Park City areas of Utah in the Spanish language. I am so glad for the extra time I got to spend with her here. She is such a wonderful sister and always makes me feel like the best sister in the world, which I know I am not.
Pretty much we kept Aunt Becca hopping her whole visit. We went to the Kansas City Temple open house. I got to introduce her to a few of my friends at church and in town. We went to a fun (and free!) children's museum. We enjoyed multiple playground trips. We went on walks, set up the kiddie pool, danced and did sidewalk chalk. We went running together like old times. We stayed up late and talked. We played games with the kids. We cooked and did dishes. We did errands and finally got the wood for the children's chairs I want to build (more about all the crazy projects I have lined up later). Becca randomly caught a few fish. But most of all, we just enjoyed time together.
Maggie, Kate and Emily were thrilled to have Aunt Becca at their beck-and-call and I was thrilled to have my little sis around. Mike has been incredibly busy lately, so it was especially nice to have the extra help and company. And I have missed one-on-one time with my Becca Boop these years we've lived far apart. It was so nice to have that again.
I was thinking a lot about Becca tonight, and my sister Catherine too, as I watched a youth celebration for the Kansas City Temple being dedicated tomorrow. I feel so lucky that my sisters and I were able to participate in the Manhattan Temple Jubilee together. Good times...(Great oldies! B103, Long Island!...Remember how we'd always sing that girls?)
I was also thinking about Becca because tomorrow morning she's running her first official marathon (though I'm convinced she has done one at least once or twice before without measuring it). So, gooooo Becca!! Run, run, run!! Good luck! We are rooting for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i'm thrilled i was able to meet becca! she's such a sweetheart. :) i really enjoyed getting to know her.
Sarah Bear...I love you! And I love how much you care! :-)
You ARE the best sister in the world!!! :D
Love you, love you, LOVE YOU!!! <3
xoxoxoxoxxx
Yay, a picture of Becca! I'm so excited for her to serve--she'll be a great missionary! Only sad she wasn't called to NY, NY South!
Post a Comment