Happy Heart Day! Hope everyone had a good time celebrating loved ones. We did. But first, we had SNOW!!! It seems that is has been a rather warm winter across the country; here has been no exception. Maggie had given up asking me when it was going to snow.
Monday was our first snowfall worth mentioning. It wasn't much, but the couple inches were enough to make my girls ever so happy. At daybreak Kate's relentless pleas for "outside" started and Maggie was asking me, "Is there enough snow to make tracks?" Before 9am, I gave in and we went out. Maggie and Kate were in heaven; Emily, not so much. I took her back in to nurse and made girls play on the back patio with the door and window cracked so I could hear and watch them. After Em was napping, I went back out to play with them for a few minutes until they got tired of being cold and wet. Poor Maggie didn't get to build a Snow-Maggie again, as there wasn't much and she got distracted by all her track-making and other snow-enjoyment. But we did fit in a quick snow castle. And Kate was just in awe of the experience. She probably doesn't remember last year's. She was so cute making lines of circles in the snow with a Dora yogurt cup.
And the girls had tons of fun making and sending Valentines this year. We had some store-bought fairy ones and also painted some for cousins and family last week. And they sure got sugared up. They got to go to a Valentine's party at a friend's AND at the library. I gave them treats to wake up to: Maggie's first Bubbletape and a pack of "Starburrs" for Kate. And if that weren't enough, they got a special package in the mail from Grandmommy with more Valentine cards and sweets and Emily's first stickers. She hasn't used them yet. I may have to save them for her because her main ability right now is sucking on her hands and most recently a toy. More on that cutie later. Another sidenote: Maggie has been OBSESSED with gum since my mom gave her some when she was here. That was why I wanted to finally get her some, since we don't ever have it much. Of course she chewed it all up that very day and is now counting down to Easter in hopes that the Easter Bunny will bring her more. It did make me feel good that the girls wanted to share their treats with each other. I'm sure that niceness will pass as they get older and better understand limited quantities, but I love how they look out for each other.
As for Mike and me, we are keeping the love alive. I made him a yummy strawberry cream cheese braid, left him chocolates and sent him a card at work and he brought me Ben&Jerry's Americone Dream and the makings for chocolate-dipped strawberries. Seriously though, I am lucky. I am glad to have spent the last five years married to that man. He always tries to put my preferences and needs before his own and has sure done some dishes and laundry-folding the past few months. Yep. I'm lucky.





No comments:
Post a Comment