At the beginning of the year, our lawn mower died. Its death presented a change that was welcomed by all involved, except for maybe the lawnmower that ended up at the lawn mower graveyard at the repair place.
We decided to try something new and Finnish: the Fiskars Momentum Reel Lawn Mower.
We decided to try something new and Finnish: the Fiskars Momentum Reel Lawn Mower.

For the size of our lawn, this works quite well for us. It's not as difficult to push as it may seem, and does a good job of cutting. Some weeds, which are plentiful this year, grow too tall for the blades to slice and must be clipped with the trimmer, but otherwise the scissor cut works well. It is very quiet when being used and fits much better in our garage than most mowers. While not an overtly environmentally concerned household, the use of a mower that does not create any emissions and that is truly self-propelled, does provide a certain satisfaction at the end of a mow. We'll see if our positive feelings remain through the heat of summer.
On a separate topic, once again our Royals are comfortably at the bottom of the American League. In honor of this, enjoy this quintessential clip:
2 comments:
ha ha! i always love seeing royals clips like this! i'm a white sox fan (they're not doing much better) but i still get some statisfaction out of it! and the mower looks fun! a good workout, too!
I was half-way through this post before I realized that Mike posted this and not Sarah. Then, it made so much more sense because I thought of his voice as I read it. I love reading in Mike's voice.
Post a Comment