Besides aforementioned birthdays and field trips, lots of playtime, naps and Arthur, this spring wasn't too eventful.
But there are some highlights of the past few months I don't want to forget:
-running/jogging our first 5K together in April around the beginnings of the new Kansas City temple--even with Mike not trained and me pregnant we made under 10 minute miles, so we were happy. Hopefully, it was the first of many!
But there are some highlights of the past few months I don't want to forget:
-running/jogging our first 5K together in April around the beginnings of the new Kansas City temple--even with Mike not trained and me pregnant we made under 10 minute miles, so we were happy. Hopefully, it was the first of many!
-chaperoning the Stake Prom with Mike (also April), where I was both asked to dance and questioned when heading out to the parking lot unchaperoned...I'm guessing I won't get mistaken for a teenager much longer, so I am trying to enjoy it.
-my girls' concern, sympathy and occasional laughs from Kate at my morning sickness
-enjoying salad and green onions from our garden (and it looks like the zucchini, squash and tomatoes are about to really get going)
-singing for a funeral for an elderly man in our church--it was such a special experience and such a lovely song ("How Great Thou Art"). I am so grateful for opportunities like that (and so grateful for my sweet sister-in-law Nadine who brought her kids over and watched the girls so they had fun while I was gone).
-lazy Sunday nights--baking treats and sing-alongs with the girls (which sometimes turned into twirling sessions)
-watching and laughing at e-How episodes on the Blu-Ray with Mike--we now know more about gardening, relationships, babies and dating (though the dating advice is about five years too late). Favorite quote from "How to Make Someone Jealous": "Well, the first thing you have to ask yourself is, 'Why do I want to make this person jealous?' "
2 comments:
Baking and sing-alongs turned twirling sessions! You're such a cool mom, Sarah :)
oh good! That's my goal in life...and for my kids to turn into happy, well-adjusted, contributing adults, with good self esteem. :)
Post a Comment