I am a lucky mama. My Mother's Day was perfect. My two-year-old and one-year-old greeted me with sweet choruses of "Happy Mother's Day" as I showered and readied for church. Mike was there as morning meetings were canceled for the occasion and could help getting off to church go smoothly. Kate, at seventeen-months, was invited to join the nursery class a month early and enjoyed playtime with Maggie. Maggie was only too happy to introduce everyone: "This is my sister Kate," she said as she ushered Kate around. I, in turn, enjoyed not having to battle an adventurous toddler during Sunday School and Young Women's and got more out of the lessons than I had in a while. So it was definitely win-win. :) And we went home after church and enjoyed a delicious steak dinner prepared by Mike, Maggie's favorite game "family hide" (we all go under a blanket and enjoy making faces at one another and laughing in a new atmosphere), and a family nap. And before bed the girls graced me with a musical number, which I made them try to repeat for the camera. I especially liked their impromptu choreography (they love to twirl to Primary songs) and Kate's attempts at singing. Mike had also tried to tape the girls the night before, so I included the clips he got as well. I have the best family. I am lucky to have a pretty terrific Mom and mother-in-law as well, who have helped pave the way for me. Incredibly grateful for their love and examples. Blessed, blessed, blessed.
And I have some exciting and related news, I should probably announce before it becomes obvious: Baby #3 is on the way!!! Due: November 5th. We couldn't be more thrilled. Maggie wants to name the baby Sophie, whether boy or girl, after her best friend's little sister. I don't know whether or not she will get her wish. (Though I'm sure she won't if it is a boy.) But I do know that this little baby will have the best big sisters ever. Kate just loves babies and Maggie just loves doting. :)
Had a few technical things I was trying to figure out with the video clips I took on our newer camera. Hence the delayed publishing. One day I am going to get with it again and start posting as things happen instead of two weeks later...
8 comments:
Wow! Congrats, and Sophie is a great name, at least for a girl...excited to see you in a couple of months.
Congrats on the new baby. At the rate that we are each going, you'll surpass us soon in the kids department. :) Anyway, I hope that we'll see you soon.
Sounds like a wonderful and simple Mother's Day! Congratulations on the new baby! Such exciting news!
Congrats! I just knew an announcement was coming soon! I hope you're feeling well. Miss you!
CONGRATS! I had the feeling an announcement was coming as well! I'm so EXCITED for you! I'm glad you had a WONDERFUL mother's day!
Was it the long absence from blogging that gave it away or just that Kate was almost one-and-a-half? Haha :)
I've been meaning to call you girls or post about it soon, but just now feeling better, getting energy back, and starting to feel caught up on things.
Wonderful news! You sure do make cute little girls and Sophie is a very sweet name. But maybe you'll get a little variety in gender=) can't wait to hear!
Sarah, I'm SO excited! Maggie and Kate are already the cutest, I can't wait for baby #3. It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Post a Comment