was productive:
-made my bed
-said my prayers and read my scriptures
-got myself and the girls dressed
(I am learning to appreciate these types of everday accomplishments rather than take them for granted.)
-found THE THROW PILLOWS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR--my living room is mostly rust and sage, but I have been working to find blue accents. The blue and cream pillows I got will go great with the curtain fabric I found recently.
-found THE CLUTCH I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR--it has plenty of wallet space, fits my keys and cell phone (so I will hopefully stop misplacing them--or at least misplace them together), and has a darling blue, green, pink, yellow, and orange floral print on it
-found THE HEADBAND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR--it's got plenty of bling and will look great with the gold flats I got a couple summers ago--it's even better than the one I ordered on target.com but then got back-ordered and my order canceled
(The best part is all of the above items were good deals. Now I have to decide if I should save them for a special occasion or treat myself for no particular reason, besides the fact that I finally got to go shopping. It's hard to go shopping very often as our town is twenty-plus minutes from everything other than Wal-mart and the grocery store, I have two babies, and I don't feel like taking my husband to work to get the car to go shopping with two babies.)
-caught up on two half-finished blog entries (see below).
Today was also fun:
-watched Mike ref Young Men's basketball (I wasn't sure if I was supposed to cheer the YM, "Go team." or the ref, "You tell 'em, ref." So I did both. So did Maggie. I don't think he particularly likes being a referee.)
-took Maggie (and Kate) to play with cousins at the park
-used up our Applebee's gift certificate (yum)
-looked inside a new house they are building nearby
-went on a short run
-caught up on two half-finished blog entries (see below).
Yes, I know I put the bit about half-finished blog entries twice. It was productive and fun. I also made a vow that I will no longer leave half-finished blog entries so that they are hanging over my head. We will see how long that lasts.
I did not take a shower. But I did last night and I will now.
Edit: I took a shower. In my shower I was thinking Mike was productive too. He gardened, reffed, mowed, planted, watered, grocery shopped, and replaced lightbulbs. It makes my accomplishments sound kind of frivolous.
4 comments:
just so you know, i don't think those accomplishments are frivolous! i'm sure they were most definitely satisfactory :]
I love love love this. You are so wonderful.
Today...
I published comments on your wonderful blog entries!! It is definitely both fun and productive!!!
<3 Cat
Hey Sarah-This is Rachel--Emily, Lauren, and Elizabeth's cousin on the VanDerwerken side. I saw you had commented on Elizabeth's blog so I followed the link and checked your blog out. Anyway, I thought I would leave a comment.
You have two adorable little girls. It looks like your oldest and my little girl are around the same age--she just turned 2 in February. And, it looks like we are in neighboring states--we live in northwest Arkansas. Anyway, glad to see you're doing well.
You can check our blog out if you want to:
http://crachelrobinson.blogspot.com
Anyway,
Hip, hip, HORRAY! For getting things done. It always feels so good.
Post a Comment