Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Three Months


Our little Kate has now made it through three months of eating, sleeping, and being adored. To celebrate her special day, we let her take her first bath with Maggie, which thrilled Maggie and put me in a precarious position for several minutes, hanging over the tub while we washed up Kate. I think we'll wait another few months to make joint baths a regular occurrence.

Kate's little personality is definitely emerging these days. She has a winning smile which she has been sharing more and more and really talks and coos a lot at us. She loves to start little conversations these days. Her favorite word is "aaaah." (It's really sweet to see Maggie coo back at her. They will "talk" back and forth for quite a while.) Kate also graced us with her first giggles this month, so we are looking forward to hearing more of those soon.

Kate is now fine with baths, not particularly fond of tummy time (after about five minutes, she has had it), and still loves eating and sleeping. She spends a lot of time clasping her hands together and studying her hands and feet. She also occassionally enjoys sucking on her fist. She is getting more active and sometimes moves around by scooching herself with her feet while she is on her back. (Sadly, this has resulted in her bumping her head on the baseboard if I leave her on the changing pad while I wash my hands...and inevitably get distracted helping Maggie with something.) She really can see me across the room now and loves following me around with her little eyes. She especially loves to "follow" Mike around when he comes home for lunch and will give him huge smiles across the kitchen. It's really sweet. We love our smiley girl!

5 comments:

Taber & Rebecca said...

You have very darling girls!

Elizabeth said...

kate is so so cute! i love that she is beginning to giggle and such :]

Glenn and Natalie said...

Both girls are adorable! Joint bath times are a little more work for mom in the beginning, but so fun for the girls! Happy smiles and giggleing babies are so fun!!!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

such cute girl!! I love the stage where they start cooing and talking, its so much fun!

Joint baths used to scare me, but I guess once Logan started sitting it was just easier to do them both at once and get it over with. Now they love it, and I'm all about maing things easier... im sure you know how that is!

Catherine said...

I love your posts too Sarah! I hope you know how much I enjoy your blog! It is one of the sites I automatically go to to check for updates! :)
I love your girls! They are the cutest! I love your little family! And tub time certainly did seem like fun!!
<3 Cat