For all you who are wondering, yes we had a white Christmas and it is still white around here. In fact, it has been extremely cold the past couple weeks and we have gotten even more snow. For the first time in the last three weeks we had church today!
With a new baby, Christmas preparations and celebrations, and visitors in town, blogging has not been at the top of my priority, however, we have had a lot of fun. Here are the highlights:
1. Christmas party with Mike's family and his brother's in-laws (forgot camera of course! sad!)--Robert and Lisa know how to throw a party. The refreshments were delicious and we had fun visiting and enjoying some Christmas stories, poems, and music.
2. A quiet Christmas at for us--The girls got matching pajamas on Christmas Eve. Then Christmas morning, Maggie was quite pleased to find treats and gifts under the tree and in her stocking. She was much more excited about the presents this year as compared to last year when she was more interested in the paper and bows. She was really cute about wanted to play with each gift for a few minutes before opening anything else. It was such a nice relaxing morning. It was so relaxing that little Kate slept her way through most of her first Christmas! Then we went to Mike's parents for Christmas dinner and hung out with them and his brother. We had a brief bit of excitement when we got stuck in the snow for about fifteen minutes at an intersection only about a mile from their house, but we were helped by several nice people who stopped including a truck with shovel and plow.
3. A visit from my family--They all came on the 26th and we got to celebrate and open presents with them too! We enjoyed the rest of the week and New Year's with all but my dad who just came out for Kate's blessing and then had to leave. We fit in some good ole Kansas BBQ, a trip to Kansas City, a shopping trip, a gingerbread building session, and finally rang in the New Year!! As usual, it was hard to see them go.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
A Word About the Holidays...
FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this last picture!!! Let me explain...
I love that Becca is being such a loving aunt<3 I love that the only picture I have of Matthew is ancient as can be but is also taken around the holidays and he is also sitting watching t.v. cool coincidence!
I love that Catherine or is it Katherine...looks so mature in all the other pictures I could barely recognize her, except for in this one where she is "letting all her hair down" and being hyper-cousin I remember:)
I love that you and Mike take a chance to hold hands while your hands are children free---precious time:)
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that Rachel looks exactly how I remember you looking when I first remember seeing back in 1990 was it? Anyways, Ilove your family!!!!
Actually I think it was '92...?
Post a Comment