1. Celebrating my 24th (it's been over two months since that happy day, but I just wanted to share my candle victory with you all)--Mike's parents watched Maggie for us and Mike took me to see Pixar's Up which was fantastic, but for which I was completely unprepared emotionally. Luckily I had a pack of Kleenex in my pocketbook. We enjoyed lunch afterwards at On the Border. I had never been there before and was impressed with their food, prices, and service. Then we went back to our place and enjoyed a yummy ice cream cake provided by my family (yum!) and featured in the clip below.
2. Swimming--Yes, that's how long it has been since we wrote. You may remember that Maggie enjoyed the beach quite a bit, when we went in July with my family. She enjoyed the pool immensely as well this summer, both the large pool and her small splash pool. Here is evidence.
3. Visiting family--Two weekends at Mike's parents, where we enjoyed Labor Day and Conference Weekend for our church, and a week with mine, for my grandmother's funeral services and visiting. Maggie loves spending time with aunts, uncles, cousins, and, of course, both sets of grandparents!
With the Wanlasses--
At the Gotfredsons'--
4. Cheering the Cougars to victory--I don't know if I've ever seen Mike as excited as when BYU beat Oklahoma Labor Day weekend . I think he even started, but never finished a post about this. He watched half the game at his parents, then we had to leave to get Maggie to bed, so he listened to it on the way home on this choppy radio station where he could only hear about twenty seconds out of every minute. He rushed to the computer when we got home and excitedly watched the rest of the game. He was so excited with the unexpected victory, he stayed up late watching replays and couldn't sleep. I was very happy as well. Go Cougs! We hope you continue to have a great season, though we do lament that Florida State loss. Oh well. :(


5. Going to the pumpkin patch--Maggie and I broke in the season with a trip to the pumpkin patch with some other moms and babies in the area. Maggie loved riding in the wagon. However, she was not too interested in posing for pictures by the pumpkins. Here's what I got.
Much time was spent in September car-shopping. We must have test-driven five cars and looked at three times that, besides what we looked at online. But, alas, we decided (again!) that it would make more sense to wait a little longer and buy a bigger car, rather than a smaller hatchback, since Baby #2 is almost here and we do not want to have to strap three kids across one backseat if we end up having a third in a few years.
The car we almost bought. Isn't it cute? It was fun to drive too.
The car we almost bought. Isn't it cute? It was fun to drive too.

Maggie's fall wardrobe--we hit the sales to get Maggie some warmer clothes for the new season
The couch we did buy--we were able to find a very good deal on a sectional, so the futon is moving to the guest room and the family room now has a couch!
My new rocker-recliner--so we can rock in comfort with the new baby...and Maggie too!
7. Perfecting our pizza skills--Over the past several months, we have made a family tradition of Friday family pizza night. Mike has become the master at perfect crust. I make the dough in the KitchenAid and he adds some butter and shapes it just right so it comes out thin without being crunchy. It's nearly as good as being in NY.
1 comment:
Love this post. We do Friday night pizza as well...even though we do live in NY, homemade is healthier and cheaper.
Looks like you guys have been busy--can't wait to see pics of sweet baby girl #2!
So sorry to hear about your grandma--she was wonderful! I hope that your family are all doing well. I love you & your family!
Post a Comment