Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn Walks

It has been crisp and cool and this past week somewhat rainy. But Maggie and I took advantage of the break in the moisture today to take a walk. It was cold enough for a hat and gloves, so I pulled out Maggie's set from last winter. The mittens still fit fine (though at first I think Maggie was rather perplexed and frustrated by them); and though the hat no longer straps closed, it still covered the head, so we were good to go. Here is a picture of Maggie all bundled for our walk.

Maggie and I like to make our walks count for something, so today we walked to the bank for some business I had to attend to. Other recent excursions have included the library (for toddler time), the school (for a playgroup), the store (to shop) and the park (just for fun). We do also take pleasure walks without a destination, but for some reason having a destination just makes it more fun for me. We are enjoying the sweater weather, the fresh feeling of being outdoors, and the beautiful fall colors. Today Maggie found a pretty orange leaf as a souvenir. Don't you just love this time of year? It passes all too quickly for my liking.

5 comments:

The Mama said...

Cute picture! I am enjoying the fall weather too, especially the football games. Go Cougars!!

Kari said...

Maggie is so cute! I miss having you guys around Campus Plaza. :)

Glenn and Natalie said...

I'm glad that you guys have been enjoying some nice fall walks! Fall is my favorite time of year!

Elizabeth said...

maggie is the most darling child! i love her winter gear :] i miss you guys! xo.

Jenny said...

What a cutie! I enjoyed reading your past few posts and catching up with the Gotfredsons. Reading about your outings and playdates sure makes me miss you! I miss getting together with our kids and trying to do crazy craft activities! :)
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. From what you have told me she was such a sweet lady. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. We love you guys!