Friday, March 13, 2009

We're online!!!


Wohoo!!! Well, Mike is downstairs trying to drown his heartbreak about the BYU basketball loss tonight by leading BYU to win in the virtual world on his college hoops XBOX game, Maggie is snoozing in her new room, and I am ONLINE!!! That's right, after two years, two months, and two weeks I have internet in my own home once more. After Christmas, it has been a whirlwind with visiting family, job offers, househunting, and moving, so we decided to wait until we got here to Kansas to get internet. Then, after we got here last week, there were some complications that involved several twenty-minute phone calls to AT&T and a half-hour trip tonight to the rural Kansas UPS depot to pick up our modem (since we have a new address, we are not yet on GPS and some people have trouble finding us).

I should probably be thankful that we didn't have internet right away, because otherwise Mike and I may not have been able to discover all the fun trial games our new computer has to offer. Mike and I have been competing on computer game shows all week. Our favorite is Wheel of Fortune, though The Price is Right and Family Feud tie for a close second. We also liked the Agatha Christie detective game that is on here, though it was going on forever and it was past midnight, so we had to quit.

Anyway, even though I realize it is a small thing, I feel very thankful for internet access from the comfort of my own home and wanted to share my excitement about not having to go to the library or a friend's house to tell you hello. To all of you whose facebook comments and e-mails I have ignored, I'm back! :)

(For the record, the picture of me above is not a depiction of right now. That hideous photo was taken by Mike shortly after we were married as I was finishing up a research paper in the wee hours of the morning. I wasn't even online, but it is the only picture of me on the computer that I have easy access to and it's kind of a silly shot. I thought those who know me well might enjoy.)

4 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

Congratulations on being in your new home and having internet...woo-hoo to that! I am sitting in the clubhouse at our aprtment complex as we speak to get the wireless, so I definitely understand the excitement of your own internet! I hope Mike's new job is going well.

Glenn and Natalie said...

You are right Sarah--I do enjoy the photo!
Isn't it funny how new technologies that weren't even around really are indespensible now? We have a hard time withou the internet & cell phones...I don't know how our parents navigated through the world of parenthood with out them!

Glenn and Natalie said...

Oh...and the Agatha Christie game sounds awesome!

Ian said...

That's the Sarah I know and kinda lived with for two months in the summer...waiting til the last minute to finish everything, but ALWAYS doing awesome on it none-the-less.
I am glad you are connectedto the world now, sorry about that BYU game, it's cause we all moved away:(