Recently, we have become increasingly daring in our online buys. Mike bought a computer from costco.com. Then he got shoes from hushpuppies.com and I bought two swimsuits from landsend.com. You might think it unwise to buy such things online, where you can't try them (or even see them). You'd probably be right. But in our case, we lucked out. We LOVE our new items.
However, our triumph has made us cocky enough to buy a leather bench, lamps, and shorts online (and very nearly an armchair and ottoman set). It is yet to be determined if these buys will be as successful. We will let you know. At any rate, we figure we are safe because they are all easy to return to nearby retailers and we got our free shipping! Besides, we already struck out on these items in stores and they were cheaper online.
(Another plug for Lands' End. I very much recommend Lands' End swimsuits for all you ladies out there that have trouble finding swimsuits you like. I always have trouble finding a swimsuit I feel comfortable in...probably because I usually wait until July to look for one and then there isn't much selection. But this year I decided to look early and found two great suits at Lands' End. They are well worth sixty dollars or whatever they charge, but I got one for forty and one for twelve. I found deals by shopping during the twenty-percent-off window and looking in their overstocks from last year. The suits are nice and sturdy and fully lined. If you have a Sears-Lands' End location nearby where you can return them, you may want to get a couple in case you are between sizes or something, that way you can try them on and return the one or ones you don't like. However, they also will pay for shipping to exchange your suit if it doesn't fit right. The end.)
What type of things, if any, do you like to buy online?
4 comments:
I love being able to buy things at home--so much easier & often cheaper! I haven't ventured into the word of clothes shopping online, but your posts is helping to build up my courage! I love buying books, scrapbooking supplies & anything from church distribution online!
I love buying online! Its so much more convenient sometimes! Congrats on the move!
I love shopping online, too, but hate paying for shipping. I'd suggest deepdiscount.com. It is a site that sells movies, books, music discount and the shipping is ALWAYS free. I love it. Now, I need to go check out the swimsuits at Land's End.
Tyler will only shop online. At Christmas he makes me give him a list with each item and its accompanying weblink. Then he'll buy stuff online from a store that's just down the road!! Drives me nuts!
Post a Comment