The summer is flying. I can hardly believe that little Maggie is two months old today and Mike and I have been married for just over a year-and-a-half! It has been a busy couple of months. Both of our mothers came out right after the baby was born. My sister Catherine also came out in mid-June and visited us. She and my sister-in-law Kathy were a big help in watching Maggie as I finished up my first year of teaching. I put in grades, did report cards, and taught (or at least supervised) the last three days of the school year (it's a year round school). Cat even came and helped me at school on my last day, which was awfully nice. Then Kathy, Ryan, and Tasi (my nephews) brought Maggie up to the school, helped me pack up my room and I was done. I was sad to see my second graders go but am very much enjoying the laid-back lifestyle of being the full-time mother of one. It might not be quite as laid back if I thought a little less and did more about housework and if Maggie was a more difficult baby, but hey, I have an understanding husband and an easy baby (for now...). Why not take advantage of the situation?
Maggie with her Grandmommy Wanlass
Maggie with her Grandma Gotfredson
Maggie with her Aunt Cat
Maggie just being her sweet self
As a family, our summer activities so far have consisted of a rodeo, a couple of town day fairs, a parade, the aforementioned visits, several family barbeques, several ice cream trips (mmmm!), the Manti Pageant (which we highly recommend), and a fourth of July fireworks show. Maggie is already becoming a well-traveled little baby. Our most recent adventure was a trip to Seven Peaks, a nearby water park. Mike and I felt like we ought to go sometime since we used to live just south of it. We had two free passes, one from my school and one we won from Julie and Nate's BBQ drawing. Last Saturday, with Cat (Catherine) still in town we decided that it was time to go, so we picked up a discount pass from Costco and the three of us with baby in tow made a day of it. We rotated baby duty and had quite a nice time!
Our Seven Peaks Expedition
4 comments:
Wow, you guys have been up to quite a lot. How fun! I am jealous that Maggie sleeps through the night. Good for her. Isaac is working on it, but he keeps getting teeth or gets sick or we travel and his sleep schedule is all mixed up. He is such a good boy, though.
I am so excited to see you in the Fall!
I love all the pictures of Maggie. We are so excited to see you all in two weeks. Yea!
Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad you used the 7 peaks passes...I love that place! It sounds like you've had a fun summer so far. I can't wait to see you in a little over a month!
Yay you have a blog! I'm so excited to see your darling little girl! She is so adorable! You guys have been so busy! That's so great that she is just an easy going baby. Take advantage of it! I can't believe how well she sleeps at night! Aiden still doesn't sleep through the night however he is much better than he used to be. We have a blog too it's, bryannmelissa.blogspot.com
Post a Comment