My sisters and I are going to start our own singing group just like that lady. But our accents might not be quite as cool, since we're not from New Zealand. Also, I think it's neat she has three little girls like me and I think her kitchen/dining area is really simple and pretty.
Anyway, the bios work really well too, because the other day, out of the blue, my suggestible Maggie said to me, "Mom, I wish I could be a Mormon."
I was happy to give her the good news, "We are Mormon! Mormon is just a nickname for members of our church [the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints]."
Our other favorite video clip right now is this one:
It illustrates much of our life right now. It made me tear up as I thought about how much I appreciate Mike and all he does for our family. Like the father in the video, he often leaves when we are still sleeping. I most love the part where the kids steal the cell phone and the father's voice narrates, "My wife's phone is now missing." I know how that goes. Except it used to be Dad's Maggie would try to snag when she first woke up.
I am grateful for men like my own husband and father, who in today's world set a standard for others to follow. Even as the media inundates us with examples of immaturity and even infidelity, I know lots of good, righteous men, family members and friends' husbands, both of my own faith and others, who are striving to protect and care for their families. They need support and admiration.
Most of all, I am grateful for the reminder of all parenthood teaches me about my Heavenly Father's love for me. And all of us. Don't know where I'd be without a testimony of that. A lot less happy, for sure.
2 comments:
I haven't had a chance to watch the first one yet (I will soon thanks to your recommendation) but we love the second one as well. I loved Maggie's comment about wanting to be a Mormon. Kids say the funniest things sometimes.
Hello Sarah! I just wanted to say thanks for leaving such sweet comments on my blog. I've been horrible about blogging recently, and especially leaving comments. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, and for keeping in touch. I'm not quite sure how you do it. I noticed in your Dr. Mom post that you have the same thermometer as I have. It's a life saver--no holding under the tongue or arm, and it can even be done when they're sleeping.
Have a wonderful day, Sarah!
Post a Comment