I'm up again with a sick little Em. Poor girl. She has gotten sick a lot more than the others, probably thanks to being number three. She seems especially prone to fevers. It makes me nostalgic for the days when I was a mom of one with a baby who never got sick. At least that I can remember... It also makes me remember how sick my poor kids were when we went out for Scot and Tara's wedding. That was my first real experience with sick children. Maggie was terribly ill for three days. And then everyone got a twenty-four hour bug after that. I remember little Kate was barely a year and got it in the night. After her first couple bouts, she was so exhausted she would stand up, throw up, and fall back asleep in near fluid motion.
Dr. Mom is definitely my least favorite role. I hate trying to guess if it's serious enough for a doctor's visit. I hate the not sleeping and trying to quarantine germs. And most of all, I hate seeing my sweet baby feeling miserable.
Luckily the weekend wasn't all bad. For one, we found Little Belle. She had been missing for quite some time and Kate had been getting rather worried about her. She was in the umbrella stroller, of course.
And because our small mid-west town knows entertainment, we got to celebrate Kansas Day in style with this group, the "Doo-Dads," (not to be confused with a term for random stuff), as well as a martial arts group (which I erroneously kept referring to as ninjas), and a competitive jump rope team, the only one in Kansas mind you, the Jumpin' Jacs, who, as it turns out, also do birthdays....I know a lucky, soon-to-be 29-year-old.
Emily couldn't help but jam, despite the fever.
No really. I know she looks sullen, but she was swaying to all the music and clapped enthusiastically after each number.
I think this was better than the NYC guitarist (whose name I cannot remember), definitely better than Mr. Stinkyfeet (though he had a way with the crowd, I couldn't get past the name), but you'll have to ask Mike if it was able to surpass the cowboy poetry reading he and his dad went to a few months back...






2 comments:
Sending feel-better wishes to miss Emily!! Being sick is no fun :(
I hear ya! ;)
Post a Comment