Kate is eighteen months as of last Thursday. And she is too adorable for words. We just love her to pieces. (Not literally, of course.)
Our little girl is incredibly loving. Kate gives great hugs (the best are when she tucks her arms in) and kisses (which have thankfully graduated to closed mouth, with a loud smack). She often enjoys making the rounds to give a bit of affection to everyone whenever we gather with friends or family. She runs to the door saying "Dadda" whenever she hears the garage door and greets Dad with a big hug. (She actually started doing this months ago, back when she was still crawling. But she has gotten more consistent and a lot faster. :) ) I get my call of "Mama" first thing in the morning when she wakes up. She never leaves her bed without a blanket and her baby doll or stuffed animal for a quick snuggle. I love snuggling with Kate and all her stuff. (It's cute because Maggie often insists on bringing her blanket and animal or doll to snuggle too, so sometimes I'll bring them both on the bed with Mike and me for a few minutes and we are quite the jumble.) Kate adores her big sister and often goes looking for her when she is not around calling "Maah-meee!" [Maggie]. They love to give each other hugs and kisses, especially through or over their crib bars.
Where many things about Maggie's personality often reminds me of myself, Kate is definitely my little look-alike. She's got the curl, hair color, eyes and face shape. (Though she does have a little more olive in her complexion, which I envy.) It's fun to look in the mirror when I am carrying her and see the similarities. I'm sure she will love/hate me for the curl as she grows.
Kate loves to have fun. She seems to run everywhere she goes. She loves to laugh and is constantly making the rest of us laugh too, especially her sister. She is rather independent and loves to explore and go off on her own. It is a struggle to get her to hold my hand in the parking lot or on the sidewalk and is usually just easier to carry her. She loves playing chase or hide-and-go seek with Maggie and Dad. And she still loves to climb into or on top of boxes, tables, and baskets. She loves to plunk on the piano with sis or dance and twirl with Mag if Dad is playing or music comes on. She loves going to the pool and going down the kiddie-sized frog slide or having me help her jump in. Still she has enough inherited enough caution to want me nearby and to pause before going down, which I appreciate.
As you can see, Kate loves to accessorize. She loves to wear bracelets, necklaces, crowns, hats, purses, etc. It started early. Not long after her birthday, I remember her bringing her baby doll and purse when we were running some errands one day. A couple months ago, she was so into bracelets that one Sunday she insisted on wearing some bangles to church and the entire rest of the day. I couldn't even get her to take them off at bedtime. I guess a lady never knows when she might need to be ready. Her latest craze is for shoes. Especially mine. She also loves getting into my makeup with Maggie at any opportunity and continually tries to use glue-sticks as lip gloss.
We joke that Kate is our little puppy dog. She is always scampering about trying to get someone to play with her or give her a treat. She loves to climb up on you and tussle on the floor. She still doesn't talk a lot (though she has picked up a lot more words lately). She has a cute little head bob when she wants to say yes and shakes her head emphatically for no. She brings me her shoes when she wants to go outside and her cup when she is thirsty. And she willingly fetches items for Mom and still enjoys helping throw laundry in the washer or drop dishes in their drawers, so she does her part around here. She is still my little climber and one of her favorite places to sit is on top of the table, if I'm not around. If a yummy snack is up there, all the better. Months ago she started carrying around her step-stool, for easier access to hard-to-reach areas. Maggie is frequently an ally in escapades.
Little Kate is getting good at peg puzzles and enjoys coloring and painting when I give her the chance. She knows most of her body parts and will point to them on command. She has been loving nursery this past month: She has learned to dip her goldfish in water, fold her arms and say "meeee!" whenever we ask who would like to offer a prayer and has developed an affinity for marshmallows. Her favorite show is Dora the Explorer and she frequently attempts the theme song, "D-d-d-dora....DORA." She also likes to say a lot of action words and will bop around saying "hop!" or "mahr!" (march). When she gets in the car or I am cooking she says "hot" and blows. Another favorite word is "coo-kie." She is getting better at posing and says "cheese" for pictures now. When we brush the girls' teeth for bed, we always say, "Oh no! What's that?" and then name something they ate that day. Kate picked up on that about a month ago and is so cute always saying "beans" whenever we brush her teeth now. And she nearly always asks for "bay-bee" at bedtime. She loves babies and is so cute trying to pet, kiss and hug little babies (or even those her own age) when they are near.
I am so glad you are ours, little Katherine. I love your scrunched nose smile, funny fish faces, and adorable giggles. We love your cute voice, terrific hugs, and the way you pull your blanket over your head when you are trying to go to sleep. What would we do without you?
Our little girl is incredibly loving. Kate gives great hugs (the best are when she tucks her arms in) and kisses (which have thankfully graduated to closed mouth, with a loud smack). She often enjoys making the rounds to give a bit of affection to everyone whenever we gather with friends or family. She runs to the door saying "Dadda" whenever she hears the garage door and greets Dad with a big hug. (She actually started doing this months ago, back when she was still crawling. But she has gotten more consistent and a lot faster. :) ) I get my call of "Mama" first thing in the morning when she wakes up. She never leaves her bed without a blanket and her baby doll or stuffed animal for a quick snuggle. I love snuggling with Kate and all her stuff. (It's cute because Maggie often insists on bringing her blanket and animal or doll to snuggle too, so sometimes I'll bring them both on the bed with Mike and me for a few minutes and we are quite the jumble.) Kate adores her big sister and often goes looking for her when she is not around calling "Maah-meee!" [Maggie]. They love to give each other hugs and kisses, especially through or over their crib bars.
Where many things about Maggie's personality often reminds me of myself, Kate is definitely my little look-alike. She's got the curl, hair color, eyes and face shape. (Though she does have a little more olive in her complexion, which I envy.) It's fun to look in the mirror when I am carrying her and see the similarities. I'm sure she will love/hate me for the curl as she grows.
Kate loves to have fun. She seems to run everywhere she goes. She loves to laugh and is constantly making the rest of us laugh too, especially her sister. She is rather independent and loves to explore and go off on her own. It is a struggle to get her to hold my hand in the parking lot or on the sidewalk and is usually just easier to carry her. She loves playing chase or hide-and-go seek with Maggie and Dad. And she still loves to climb into or on top of boxes, tables, and baskets. She loves to plunk on the piano with sis or dance and twirl with Mag if Dad is playing or music comes on. She loves going to the pool and going down the kiddie-sized frog slide or having me help her jump in. Still she has enough inherited enough caution to want me nearby and to pause before going down, which I appreciate.
As you can see, Kate loves to accessorize. She loves to wear bracelets, necklaces, crowns, hats, purses, etc. It started early. Not long after her birthday, I remember her bringing her baby doll and purse when we were running some errands one day. A couple months ago, she was so into bracelets that one Sunday she insisted on wearing some bangles to church and the entire rest of the day. I couldn't even get her to take them off at bedtime. I guess a lady never knows when she might need to be ready. Her latest craze is for shoes. Especially mine. She also loves getting into my makeup with Maggie at any opportunity and continually tries to use glue-sticks as lip gloss.
We joke that Kate is our little puppy dog. She is always scampering about trying to get someone to play with her or give her a treat. She loves to climb up on you and tussle on the floor. She still doesn't talk a lot (though she has picked up a lot more words lately). She has a cute little head bob when she wants to say yes and shakes her head emphatically for no. She brings me her shoes when she wants to go outside and her cup when she is thirsty. And she willingly fetches items for Mom and still enjoys helping throw laundry in the washer or drop dishes in their drawers, so she does her part around here. She is still my little climber and one of her favorite places to sit is on top of the table, if I'm not around. If a yummy snack is up there, all the better. Months ago she started carrying around her step-stool, for easier access to hard-to-reach areas. Maggie is frequently an ally in escapades.
Little Kate is getting good at peg puzzles and enjoys coloring and painting when I give her the chance. She knows most of her body parts and will point to them on command. She has been loving nursery this past month: She has learned to dip her goldfish in water, fold her arms and say "meeee!" whenever we ask who would like to offer a prayer and has developed an affinity for marshmallows. Her favorite show is Dora the Explorer and she frequently attempts the theme song, "D-d-d-dora....DORA." She also likes to say a lot of action words and will bop around saying "hop!" or "mahr!" (march). When she gets in the car or I am cooking she says "hot" and blows. Another favorite word is "coo-kie." She is getting better at posing and says "cheese" for pictures now. When we brush the girls' teeth for bed, we always say, "Oh no! What's that?" and then name something they ate that day. Kate picked up on that about a month ago and is so cute always saying "beans" whenever we brush her teeth now. And she nearly always asks for "bay-bee" at bedtime. She loves babies and is so cute trying to pet, kiss and hug little babies (or even those her own age) when they are near.
I am so glad you are ours, little Katherine. I love your scrunched nose smile, funny fish faces, and adorable giggles. We love your cute voice, terrific hugs, and the way you pull your blanket over your head when you are trying to go to sleep. What would we do without you?
1 comment:
Kate is such a doll, I love her! I also really love the last photo with Kate and Maggie helping in the kitchen—SO darling.
Post a Comment