Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blogging Breakthrough

So, image alignment on Blogger has been plaguing me for quite awhile. I would think I had everything looking the way I wanted it, but then if I changed browser or window size, it would all go awry. I am happy to say I finally figured out how to align my images with the correct text and put pictures side-by-side without having to left align and then fiddle with them forever. I now also have a little (a very little) html in my bag of tricks.

Yeah, I am pretty much amazing. Expect posts to be more eye-pleasing from here on out. (I am having to bottle my obsessive compulsive tendancies to keep from reformatting all my previous posts. Though I have to admit to tampering with a few of my most recent, that were especially misaligned in certain window sizes. In so doing, I nearly corrupted my sidebar template. Stressful. All is well now, but it kept me from getting too big a head.)

Another recently acquired skill of mine is learning how to resize pictures for emailing and blog posting. It sure expedites image-loading.

Also, while we are on the subject of technological triumphs, Mike fixed our printer (again) last night (and finished our taxes)! We had thought the problem was only a crayon, but the printer was still having issues and printing blurry double lines. Mike finally located and removed a packing peanut from its interior. I'd like to say that's the first time that's happened, but we actually had a packing peanut lodged in it another time causing a similar problem. The girls just love that printer. It is a stool, a chair, a treasure chest... Lucky for it, it now has a new home on top of our new file cabinet and is no longer stuck on the floor, too easily accessible.

Post-edit: I noticed the "none" option for picture uploading for the first time just after figuring out the html methods for tables and centering. I can't believe I never noticed it before. That seems to help me do what I want as well. So I probably figured out a more complicated way to do something that's rather simple. Oh well, I like learning new things. :)

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

Ha ha... that's why my pics are always down the middle, I hated how they would format funny on the sides!