Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Dynamic Duo
















Well, I've had plenty of material for blogging this past month, but low motivation and little time. Kate's now seven months and go, go, go. She learned to crawl a few weeks ago and just keeps getting faster. She does the cutest little army crawl you've ever seen...or at least that I've ever seen! She also enjoys peek-a-boo and now knows how to sit up, stand assisted, and spit out baby cereal. Why don't my kids like that stuff?! Baby food is my enemy.

We're enjoying the crawling stage with Kate as Maggie was not a crawler. It's so cute when I go into the next room and turn around to find that Kate has followed me on hands and knees (and tummy, I guess). Often Maggie is right there with her as well. How I love my little tagalongs!

Our sweet Kate is just as smiley as ever and Maggie still loves her to death. One morning just after the girls had woken up, Maggie begged to have me put Kate in her crib with her. She was thrilled with the experience and has since requested this several more times. I'm so glad my girls have each other.










Here is some footage of Kate crawling. She is pretty quick now! The other video is of Maggie and Kate "talking." It is funny to me how they will babble and laugh back and forth at each other in their own little language. They were doing this for quite a while before I got out the camera to try to catch a bit on film.


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

those videos are so funny and cute! i love their conversation :)

and the photos of Maggie and Kate holding hands are so sweet!

Jenny said...

What cute girls! And way to go, Kate!

Kari said...

Maggie looks so much like Mike. I love it :)

The Mama said...

Such cute girls. Love the army crawl. I can't wait for Jack to get to that fun stage!

Catherine said...

I cannot believe how big your girls are now. I miss them. And you. Also, FYI I did read these posts a long time ago I just never commented and wanted to.
<3 Catherine