Well, here's my chance to blog. Kate is sleeping and Maggie is in her crib recovering from a sugar rush (they had a Valentine's party at her library story time) by making Indian war calls (you know, yelling "ohhh" while tapping her mouth with her hand) as she settles down for her nap.How does it go so fast?! I can't believe my sweet baby Kate is already a two-month-old. Two months ago, I was holding her in my arms for the first time. Here she is today, more alert, a stronger neck, a few more pounds, but the same sweet personality:
Kate really is a blessing. She fits right into the groove here at the Gotfredson residence. She is adored by Maggie and endures well the vigorous rocking and enthusiastic hugs and kisses she receives from big sister. She is still a good little eater and sleeper. She sleeps from about nine or ten at night to seven or so in the morning and will still take a good four-hour-long nap sometime midday in addition to some scattered catnaps. (If I time it right, this means I can even get a nap while she and Maggie sleep.) We can only hope her love for slumber will continue. She has several pleasant alert spells throughout the day and will coo and give big smiles during these times of the day. She also likes to stare intently around, with a focused, intelligent expression, like she is thinking very hard about something. I love her cute little face. She seems increasingly interested in her hands and recently learned to get her fist to her mouth. She is a patient baby and loves bouncing in her bouncer while I make dinner or tend to Maggie. But little Kate won't wait forever. When she has had it, she has had it and will give a wail to let me know. But even then, after she gives a couple good informative cries, she seems to let up to give me a chance to get to her. Her cries are so cute too, they still have that newborn edge to them. I love them. Her fussy time, when she has one, is predictably at dinner time. But what can you do? I feel by that point she has earned the right to be a little fussy and she is never unconsolable. She seems rather strong for such a little one and has been holding up her head for quite a while now, I think since about two weeks. She can also now pick up her head when on her tummy, which I find rather amazing since she also holds her arms off the ground or is flailing them around at the same time. She neither loves nor hates tummy time, unlike Maggie who definitely hated it and would cry or give up and put her head hopelessly on it's side on the ground. (I think tummy time was the only thing Maggie really hated as a baby until we hit baby cereal. She was such a complacent little thing.)
People ask me all the time if it's hard having two under two. It definitely is, sometimes more than others, but it's so much fun with the two I have. I really think Maggie and Kate make it as easy as they possibly can. (And now that I've said this, they are both going to transform overnight into complete hooligans.)
Okay, I'm done bragging. Here are a few more pictures of our sweet little Kate this past month:
Bundled up and ready to go out
Smiling
Also, if you care to read Kate's one-month-post, I got around to posting it and you can read it here. I finally brought myself to finish retyping it after Maggie accidentally wiped out most of it with the unfortunate push of a button a while back. It's rather long and mostly about her birth, but you might want to see her cute pictures.
2 comments:
You have such cute girls!!
They grow so fast! What beautiful girls, they take right after their mom!
Post a Comment