Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Most Disappointing News I've Had All Day


This incredibly delicious cake costs $79. I am normally not a huge fan of rich, gooey chocolate cake, but this one was super smooth, dark chocolate, and wasn't too sweet as those type of cakes usually are for me. I was given some at a family function recently and enjoyed each delectable bite with a swig of icy cold milk (as I always do with chocolatey treats) and am now to be tempted by the memory for life. Maybe after we buy another car, all our kids are out of school, and we serve a couple's mission I will save for another of these cakes. Or maybe a rich relative will buy me one. I can dream.

On another note, the Relief Society broadcast tonight was wonderful as usual (http://www.lds.org/broadcast/grsm/0,6220,285-1-41-1741,00.html). I enjoyed my time with my fellow sisters at church and the yummy soup and salad dinner before the broadcast.
In addition, we have been up to more than cake-eating over the past several months. Multiple updates to come. Don't give up on us. :)

2 comments:

{Mostly Jenn} said...

Here is the link to the recipe for zeppoles:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/apple-zeppole-with-cinnamon-whipped-cream-recipe/index.html
I didnt use apples this time, but its yummy with it. ENJOY!

Jenny said...

mmm...that cake looks sooo good! :) Sorry I missed your call the other day. My phone is being weird again and sometimes I don't get messages until days after they are left. Let's talk soon! Hope all is well with you guys and hope you are feeling well.