08-08-08 was my twenty-third birthday, as well as the birthday I have been waiting for my whole life. It was not a disappointment. Mike made me a delicious breakfast and then presented me with an assortment of gifts. I got a book of short stories by Agatha Christie to feed my recent appetite for mysteries, a copy of the book What to Expect the First Year, a cd “Colors: Live at the McKay Events Center” (I really like the subtitle—it makes it sound so exciting), a pretty turquoise necklace, and a J. Crew gift card. Mike really spoils me. Later we visited with some of Mike’s family members that were still in town and then visited the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point (where I lost my favorite sunglasses L). That evening we went to Kathy’s for dinner. My sweet nieces had put up birthday decorations and we all ate pizza and enjoyed ice cream cake (my favorite)!

Me with my bed-head opening presents
Mike and me at Thanksgiving Point Gardens
(if you look closely you can see my sunglasses resting on the stroller--the last I'll see of them)
No comments:
Post a Comment